Three Easy Steps to Save a Life
1. Call 911 Now
2. Start Chest Compressions
3. Use an AED
AED Building Response Procedures
The nearest witness to the event should call 404.727.6111 or 911 to notify EMS or Emory Police of the problem. It is important to note that the AED may be used by any person, trained or untrained in its use, who in good faith renders emergency care to the victim according to Georgia’s Good Samaritan law.
If the person is not responsive and is not breathing normally:
- Initiate chest compressions as soon as possible
- Obtain the AED, turn on the device and follow instructions provided by the device
- Designate anindividual to meet the responding EMS unit outside the building on the street in order to facilitate the most direct route to the patient
- Continue chest compressions and use of the AED until assistance arrives
- Follow the instructions of arriving EMS personnel and assist them per their directions
Learn to save a life, view the Medtronic Foundation Save-A-Life Simulator.