Telephone Bomb Threats
- Any person receiving a bomb threat via telephone should try to keep the caller on the line as long as possible.
- If you have caller ID on your phone, record the phone number and identity.
Try asking the caller the following questions:
- When is the bomb going to explode?
- Where is the bomb located?
- What kind of bomb is it?
- What does it look like?
- What will cause it to explode?
- Did you place the bomb?
- What is your name?
- Are you an employee?
- Where are you calling from?
When talking with the caller, record pertinent information (time of call; age gender of the caller; speech pattern, accent, possible nationality; emotional state of the caller; background noise; etc.).
Call the Emory Police Department at 404.727.6111 (or 7.6111 from a campus phone).
Download the Telephone Bomb Threat card (PDF26.5KB)