If you observe a suspicious package or potential hazardous device on the Emory campus:
- Do not move or handle the object.
- Do not turn on or off lights.
- Do not use cell phone.
- Clear the area and call the Emory Police Department at 404.727.6111 (or 7.6111 from a campus phone).
- Advise others to stay clear of the area.
Upon receiving notification to evacuate the building, follow established building evacuation procedures. Do not open or close doors, drawers, or cabinets.
- Employees are requested to make a cursory inspection of their area for suspicious objects as they evacuate and should report the location of any such suspicious objects to the Emory Police.
- Be sure to alert and assist others who may not have received the alarm.
Download the Hazardous Device card (PDF 27.2KB)