Vision: The Office of Critical Event Preparedness and Response (CEPAR) serves as the center for Emory enterprise-wide planning for and coordinated response to catastrophic events affecting Emory and the broader community. Emory CEPAR will be recognized locally, nationally and globally as a leader in sustainable community disaster resilience.
- Bridge existing operational, educational and research activities of the Emory enterprise relevant to planning, response, mitigation and recovery from catastrophic events
- Coordinate the resources of the Emory enterprise to ensure an orchestrated response to a catastrophic event affecting Emory or the broader community
- Craft novel, multi-disciplinary solutions for the mitigation of threats
- Communicate with the preparedness and response community, as well as local, state and federal agencies with one voice
- Improve the likelihood of extramural funding for emergency preparedness and response
1599 Clifton Road
Atlanta, GA 30322